To support the MD in developing and delivering a successful HR strategy for the business. You will be responsible for developing processes and metrics that support the achievement of organisational goals, provide support to all disciplines across the business, and work with the managers to implement successful HR policies and practices.
The jobholder will provide expert professional advice and support to managers and staff on all aspects of people management, which fully reflects Intrum’s desire to be an employer of choice and compliant with all current employment legislation.
• Develop and implement an annual HR Strategy in line with the Company business plan.
• Ensure HR programmes support business growth and provide succession planning opportunities.
• Ensure HR plans are flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur.
• Responsible for senior level decision making and both day to day management and delivery of the HR strategy.
• Assessing the strategic and operational needs of the organisation; selecting the most effective HR delivery model; and developing and/or implementing appropriate leadership and people skills programmes, plans and interventions to meet those needs.
• Facilitate the achievement of business objectives by effectively integrating and applying HR knowledge and expertise, leadership and organisational capability principles.
• Contribute to organisational and talent growth by applying a solid understanding of workforce planning, core competencies, leadership supply and employee retention.
• Play a key leadership role in implementing long-term strategic people programmes including those in the areas of employee and leadership development, talent readiness, employee engagement, organisational culture and diversity.
• Provide strong change management leadership by helping the business through transformations and adapting to changing business conditions.
• Coach senior leaders towards goal-oriented and results-driven leadership that will engage and inspire employees and deliver the firms customer centric culture. Provide effective challenge to senior leaders decision-making by adding insight and solutions with clarity and conviction.
• Focus areas include strategic workforce management, organisational effectiveness dynamics, employee engagement, customer engagement, leadership development, employee relations, performance management and effective leadership and people management across the Company.
• Create a culture where Intrum’s values and strategies help to sustain and embed the culture of TCF and the delivery of fair outcomes for its customers.
• Provide employment welfare and a consultative approach to all department heads, providing a duty of care in all health and safety matters, ensure efficient delivery of HR Policies and manage all disciplinary and grievance procedures.
• Monitor and review the system of performance appraisal and ensure that annual appraisals are carried out in a timely manner and followed up.
• Oversee the full recruitment cycle, including; Liaising with external agencies, developing recruitment advertising strategies, reviewing and managing the new starter and leaver processes (including conducting exit interviews for all staff and appropriate starter/leaver notifications to IT).
• Provide specialist information and guidance to employees and managers on HR policy and practice and employment law.
• Monitor sickness and absence levels and provide monthly management reports to the Senior management team.
• Manage the annual remuneration review process for the company in a fair and ethical manner.
• Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation.
• Ensure that all HR policies and procedures are up to date and in line with current employment law.
• Work closely with departments by supporting line managers in understanding and implementing effectively the Company’s HR policies and procedures.
• Monitor HR trends throughout the organisation and provide management information on Key Performance Indicators.
• Manage health issues and medical referrals in conjunction with Occupational Health.
• Control costs and ensure that they do not exceed budgets.
• Manage all pay-roll operations with the approved outsourced provider.
• Deliver accurate record keeping, maintaining employee files whilst ensuring confidentiality of personnel information at all times.
• Keep up to date with legal developments.
• Manage maternity leave requests and administration.
• Work alongside the Training Manager to plan and deliver effective inductions for new staff.
• Ensure that staff are informed and updated on key business and organisational issues / changes. Requirements: Experience
• Experience working in relevant environment at a strategic level.
• Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. financial services experience is desirable but not essential.
• A proven track record of driving successful people strategies to aid business performance, employee engagement and a culture of learning and progression.
• Experience in the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures.
• Experience at recruitment interviewing and assessment at a senior level.
Skills and Abilities and Personal Attributes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to impart knowledge to others in a clear and concise manner.
• Developing others’ potential through the use of coaching and mentoring methodology. • Ability to work under pressure, mentoring, driven to succeed, self-discipline and excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Strong leadership/decision making skills, commitment and ability to ensure fair outcomes.
• Managing and supporting individual, team and organisational change.
• Excellent analytical skills. Ability to analyse reports, explain findings and suggest improvements.
• Ability to anticipate the needs of managers and customers and delivering to high standards.
• The ability to influence and co-operate with all levels in the Company, showing a desire to deliver and work towards company initiatives.
• Ability to influence and engage with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to build rapport and engage communication with any audience. Communicating logically and using language to fit the audience.
• Be of sufficiently good repute; possessing sufficient knowledge, skills and experience to perform duties.
• Possess adequate knowledge, skills and experience to understand the Company’s activities, including risks.
• The quality of being of sound moral principle, uprightness, honesty and sincerity and above all have the Company’s interests at heart at all times.
• In working for Intrum, maintain honesty, integrity and reputation, competence and capababilty, financial soundness, fair outcomes for customers, ability to dedicate sufficient time to the role, remaining punctual at all times.
• Demonstrate a desire and energy towards excellence and quality within the business.
• The ability to absorb and work under pressure to get the job done to high standards and to tight deadlines.
• Identifying and planning for an effective delivery of personal targets. Producing clear plans and prioritising in order to work more efficiently.
• Ability to meet and exceed all agreed targets (KPIs).
• Good understanding of the laws and regulations relating to Debt Collection activities.
• Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of employment law and HR best practice.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• CIPD/BA Honours Degree in HR.
• Ability to react positively to change and adapt quickly.
Terms: Permanent Full Time
Address: Intrum Ireland, 1st Floor, Block C, Ashtown Gate, Navan Road, Dublin 15
Contact: Human Resources