You are applying for a position at Intrum, this privacy statement applies to you and your personal data when you submit an application
Intrum is an international company, with many different establishments in different countries. For the purposes of this privacy statement, the Intrum entity you have submitted your application to will be responsible for the protection of your personal data (the data controller). This statement explains how we will use the personal data we collect from you or from third parties during the job application process.
1. Types of personal data
When you submit your application to us, we will collect the following information:
- Contact details. Such as your name, address, email address, telephone number.
- Information from your resume/cv. Such as your career history, educational history, skills, language fluency and any other information you may choose to include in your resume/cv.
- Covering letter. Any information your choose to include in your covering letter.
- Eligibility to work. You may have to demonstrate that you are legally eligible to take work within the country of the Intrum establishment you are seeking employment.
- Any references from your previous employers.
In addition, depending on the role you are applying for, we may obtain information from third parties:
- Internal applications. If you are already employed at Intrum and are applying for another internal position, we may use information from your personnel file to supplement the information you provide us when you apply for the job.
- We may ask you to undergo an assessment of your skills, personality or cognitive aptitude. Such assessments are usually performed using third-party software or a third-party company, who will share the results with us. Prior to undergoing such an assessment, we will provide you with further information relevant to your specific situation.
- Pre-employment screening. Depending on the nature of the role and the relevant country, we may ask a pre-employment screening expert to determine whether there are any circumstances which would disqualify you from that role. Whether or not a screening will occur, as well as the scope and purpose will be discussed with you prior to the start of the screening. These checks assist us in determining your honesty, integrity and reputation.
- We may decide to obtain references from individuals who have worked with you in the past. Generally, we will only contact those individuals if you have provided us with their names and contact details. If you are already an Intrum employee, we may ask for references from your manager and/or co-workers.
We may under certain circumstances depending on the open job position process special categories of personal data (sensitive data). For example, we may request a background check which will cover criminal record. However, we will not store any criminal records. In addition, unless we have a legal obligation to do so, we will never require you to disclose your ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, health related information, political beliefs or trade union memberships.
2. Purposes of the processing
As Data Controller, we will process your data for the following purposes:
- We process your information in order to ascertain whether you are a qualified candidate for the role you have applied for or other similar roles.
- For statistical purposes.
- Dispute resolution. We may process personal data for the purposes of resolving disputes, complaints or legal procedures.
- To comply with the law. We may have to process your personal data to comply with the law or a judicial order.
3. Parties who may have access to your data
We may share your personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- If we obtain information from third parties (as described above), we will provide them with your name and any other information necessary for them to provide us with relevant information about you.
- We may share your personal data within our Intrum organization and with other third parties acting on our behalf, such as a service provider. In such cases, these other third parties may only use your personal data for the purposes described above and only in accordance with our instructions;
- Our employees will have access to the personal data. In such cases, access will be granted only if necessary for the purposes described above and only if the employee is bound by an obligation of confidentiality;
- We may share your personal data if required to do so by law or court order, for example with law enforcement agencies or other governmental agencies.
4. Location of your personal data
Your personal data will be accessed by staff within the European Economic Area while it is in our care. Your data may also be accessed in Switzerland, which has laws which safeguards a level of data protection similar to the European Union.
Intrum uses third-party service providers to store your data, which may be located outside of the European Economic Area, including, but not limited to, the United States. These countries generally do not have laws which protect your personal data to the same extent as is the case in the European Union. For that reason, Intrum will ensure that there is a contract in place, and appropriate additional safeguards, with that third party which safeguards the protection of your personal data. If you would like to obtain a copy of such a contract, please use the contact details below to get in touch with us.
5. Retention of personal data
We will only process your personal data as long as it’s necessary in order to achieve the purpose for which the data was collected. We may process your personal data for a longer period after the application process has ended, if there is a pending/ongoing legal dispute or if you have given us permission to keep your personal data for future job openings.
6. Legal basis for processing your data
We process your personal data on the grounds that the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests as your potential employer. Our legitimate interest in this case is to recruit qualified candidates and to determine your suitability for the role together determining your honesty, integrity, competence and reputation. In some cases we will also be required to process your personal data due to a legal obligation. In addition, we rely on your consent if you give us permission to store your personal data for future job openings.
7. Your rights under data protection law
You have certain rights under the GDPR.
Right to be informed
You have the right to be informed about how we process your personal data and what rights you have in relation to our usage of your personal data. Intrum´s privacy statement provides you with this information.
Right of access
You are entitled to a copy of the personal information we hold about you and certain details of how we use it.
Your personal data will usually be provided to you in writing, unless otherwise requested, or where you have made the request by electronic means, in which case the information will be provided to you by electronic means where possible.
Right to rectification
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and complete. However, if you do not believe this is the case, you can ask us to update or amend it. We may request evidence to support the request.
Right to erasure
In certain circumstances, you may the right to ask us to erase your personal information, for example where the personal information we collected is no longer necessary for the original purpose or where you withdraw your consent. However this will need to be balanced against other factors. For example, we may have legal and regulatory obligations which mean we cannot comply with your request fully.
Right to restriction of processing
In certain circumstances, you are entitled to ask us to stop using your personal information, for example where you think that the personal information we hold about you may be inaccurate or where you think that we no longer need to use your personal information. However, this will need to be balanced against other factors. For example, where we comply with this request, we may not be in a position to progress your job application.
Right to data portability
Where processing is based on your consent or for the performance of a contract and where the processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to data portability. Whilst it is unlikely that this right will apply in the context of our processing, Intrum will consider requests where you feel this right applies.
Right to object
You have the right to object to processing which is based on our legitimate interests. Unless we have a compelling legitimate ground for the processing, we will no longer process the personal data on that basis when you file an objection. Please note however, that this means we can no longer consider your job application.
Rights relating to automated decision-making
You have the right not to be subjected to automated decision-making, including profiling, which produces legal effect for you or has a similar significant effect. Intrum generally does not use automated decision-making or profiling in the recruitment process, but if you have been subject to an automated decision and do not agree with the outcome, you can contact us using the details below and ask us to review the decision.
Right to withdraw consent
In most cases, we do not base the processing of your personal data on your consent. However, it may happen that we ask for your consent in specific cases. Where we do this, you have the right to withdraw your consent to further use of your personal information.
Right to file a complaint
If you have any questions or concerns regarding how we process your personal data please contact us according to the contact details provided below. You also have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority.
8. Contact details
If you would like to contact our Data Protection Officer in regard to the processing of your personal data, please send an e-mail to GDPO@intrum.com